we purchased one of the town and country frozen food packages, the cost of which was quite expensive.with this package we received a new freezer.

well, the fine, fine print stipified the freezer had to have an outlet for itself( nothing else could be plugged in with it)long story short we set it up in the garage, the gfi clicked off, we were on vacation, we got back to a freezer full of bad meat.we paid off the freezer, but didn't reorder any products.oh yes , it would have cost us $6-$700.00 to have had a separate line run for the freezer. any way town and country screwed our credit rating up after we had contacted them to inform them we were paying the freezer and monies owed for the original order. we were told that this blight on my credit would be removed. 3 years has passed and it still has not been removed.

Mary V.Peterson

Had an Experience with Town Country Foods?

Comments

Englewood, Colorado, United States #686517

Every major appliance in your home tells you it should be on a dedicated line.No major appliance should ever be on a gfi.

Your credit rating was effected because of the many late pays that you had.

Denver, Colorado, United States #589250

I HAD THIS HAPPEN TO ME AS WELL, AND WHEN I CALL TOWN AND COUNTRY FOODS, THEY REPLACED ALL OF MY FOOD FOR FREE. AS LONG AS YOU PAY YOUR BILL THEY CANNOT SEND YOU TO COLLECTIONS. DID YOU TRY CALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE?

There seems to be so many complaints, however no complain?ts to theBBB?

to Kmy Englewood, Colorado, United States #686518

Kmy we have 40,000 customers. In retrospect not so many complaints, but we take each one of them serious.

to Kmy Englewood, Colorado, United States #713847

Of course they have had complaints! What you need to realize is that BBB is really NOT on the consumer's side. The BBB relies on income derived from *** companies like Town & Country Foods paying their annually membership fees. Generally, what happens is that if a consumer complains "loud" enough to BBB then T&C or whatever *** company will quietly get rid of the problem by giving in to the customer complaint. However, if it's a matter that is covered by their legally binding contracts the BBB and T&C will enforce their rights. The real problem is that in most cases T&C has the upper hand as the customer has signed their legally binding contracts and the customer is complaining AFTER their right to cancel, so legally T&C is in clear and BBB will be on the side of T&C.

There is no doubt you are paying top dollar for your food through T&C and there's NO REAL SAVINGS by buying into the BOGUS discount plan, but the BIGGER problem is what kind of meat, poultry, fish and pork are you really getting?????

They will NOT tell you where their meat comes from and they say you are getting wild fish, but some of the labels have cleared been labeled as farm raised fish. They have claimed their meat is organic, when it's not. They also claim its beef is grass fed, but it's grain finished and I have spoke to three different sales people on their staff and all say something different about this. Which makes me believe they cant even get...

Now if you really want to get sick...drive out to their filthy stinky offices in Centennial. I asked to use their restroom and walked past their filthy, stinky kitchen which smelled like maggots and noticed that their were rat/mouse traps throughout the office which made me wonder how bad was the private area where the food is stored????? The other thing that really bothers me is that they claim the animals are humanly treated and not in small overcrowded cages or feed lots, but as everything else they wont tell you what farms these animals are coming from so we could verify these conditions. I think it's time for a class action law suit against this devious company. They shouldn't be trusted until a lot of these important questions can be answered.

F

to Steve Englewood, Colorado, United States #715815

There are so many untruths in this post I don't where to begin to challenge them all, so I will just point that we know this is not a customer but soon to be an ex-employee.Steve we are pretty sure we know who you are.

DON'T get into a contract with these people!!!I was just shown THESE contacts by a client.No one should be put into a three year contract!

Think about it... you're cell phone service isn't normally longer than two years. The freezers are not optional, you have to buy them. PLEASE read the contract carefully, don't just listen to what the sales man has to say.

Thankfully, I got my client's out of the "deal" in time. After you sign you only have THREE DAYS to get out of the contracts before you are sucked-in. Think $3,000 sounds like a good deal for a freezer you don't get to pick out and inspect?

Does $6+/lbs sound like saving money?The sad thing is this is a legal binding contract that could cost you more than you think.

to JCH Denver, Colorado, United States #589252

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY A FREEZER.YOU ONLY HAVE TO OWN A FREEZER BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD 6 MONTHS WORTH OF FOOD.

PEOPLE THAT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT THIS SERVICE SURE ARE VERY OPINIONATED.I HAVE BEEN WITH THE PROGRAM FOR OVER 12 YEARS, AND HAVE NEVER HAD ANY TROUBLE GETTING CUSTOMER SERVICE TO HELP ME WITH ANY PROBLEM.

to JCH Englewood, Colorado, United States #685928

The agreement is a revolving charge JCH that you can pay off earlier if you like.Just like your Visa card if you make only the miniuim payment it will take approximately 36 months to payoff.

If you actually read the agreement you would realize that the freezer was only $1595.00 not 3000.00.If you understood our pricing and how we differ from the grocery store you would understand that we are much better value.

This company is crooked.Sales person I talked with would not answer any question relating to price of food.

Food may be good, but pricing is sketchy to say the least.I am going to try the box of food on them and hope I don't get sick from it.